What BFS reels really cast the 1g lure well?

Advanced BFS Fishing & Fly Fishing Forum
BFSMan

What BFS reels really cast the 1g lure well?

Post by BFSMan »

Almost all BFS (bait finesse system) reels are marketed with a lure range from 1 gram or below to n grams. For example, the Curado BFS can handle lures from 1 to 10g, the Clamber Hyper Reel from 1 to 8g, and the HAIBO Arise reel from 0.6g to 10g. According to the reels' official specifications, they are all capable of casting a 1g lure. However, the actual performance may vary during field testing.

Some anglers use BFS setups for lures heavier than 1/16oz, but this does not mean that the 1g capability is not important. For serious anglers, the ability to throw a 1/32 oz (0.9g) lure is both exciting and practical for fishing.

Casting very slight lure can be both fun and necessary for catching small, elusive fish in many scenarios, especially the small river or stream .
I can say that casting a 1/32 oz lure and catching a small fish can be an incredibly exhilarating experience.
While some anglers may overlook such a small lure, it can prove to be both necessary and exciting in certain situations.

Take the Curado BFS for example.
The Curade BFS reel is a popular choice among BFS anglers due to its impressive lure range of 1 g to 10 g. However, my field testing has founded that the reel doesn't cast 1 gram lure as well as advertised. In fact, it seems that the minimum lure weight it works well with is 1.7 g.

The anglers who attempt to cast a 1 gram lure with the Curade BFS reel, they may experience frustration and disappointment due to poor performance.
On the other hand, anglers who are aware of the reel's limitations can adjust their fishing techniques accordingly and select lures within the optimal weight range for the best results. Anyway, unveiling the real lure range of a real is very important.

1: I can recommend a list of stock reels that are capable of casting 1 gram lures without any modifications:

1: The Daiwa SilverCreek Air TW, priced at approximately $300.
2: The Shimano Aldebaran BFS 2022, priced at around $270.
3: The Shimano Conquest BFS 2023, which is an outstanding option but comes with a higher price tag of about $400.
4: The Haibo Arise Air, priced at around $130. Awesome budget choice!
5: I am sure there are others that I have not tested yet, please anybody add....

These reels are all excellent choices for anglers looking to cast lures weighing 1 gram or less straight out of the box.
Each one offers its own unique subtle features and advantages, disadvantage as well,
so it's important to consider your individual needs and preferences when making a selection.

2: cast 1g spoon is quite different from cast 1g metal jig or jig head. slight spoon cast is harder.
I can attest to the fact that casting a 1g spoon is quite different from casting a 1g metal jig or jig head, especially for BFS anglers. The shape difference may seem negligible, but it can make a significant impact on the casting dynamics.
In general, casting a 1g spoon requires more precision and finesse than casting a 1g metal jig or jig head.
The shape of the lure can affect how it travels through the air and water, and the angler must adjust their casting technique accordingly.
I also take into account any wind that may affect the direction of the lure.
Nvfish

Re: What BFS reels really cast the 1g lure well?

Post by Nvfish »

4: The Haibo Arise Air, priced at around $130. Awesome budget choice!
-----Couldn't agree with you anymore.

I've been using the Arise Air reel for around 30 days now, and I must say it has exceeded my expectations. In comparison to my Curado and SLX reels, both equipped with latest-version roro spools and bearings, the Arise Air has truly outperformed them. Its casting distance and smoothness are superior to both of them. It's truly a remarkable product.